I have a mental list of things I want or need to do. The problem: the list is mental. An intangible list of things to do can too easily be ignored, overlooked, shuffled and reshuffled, modified, explained away, etc.
I need to transform the list into something tangible, a “thing” I can see, a task list against which I can measure progress, a tool with which I can beat myself soundly about the head and neck if it is ignored too long. And, so, here it is, the beginning of my list:
- Replace iPhones
- Set up new computer network
- Walk the neighborhood
- Clear driveway and deck of leaves
- Refill grill’s propane cylinder
- Check into propane service for gas logs
- Learn how to use auto-starter for gas logs
- Replace burned out bulb at the edge of the sky (AKA, high ceiling)
- Modify personality in all the appropriate places.
There. It’s a start.