A few pearls of wisdom I have gathered thus far:
- The organization that employees you does not love you. It has no heart. You are replaceable. Be prepared to move on.
- You are not the place you work, the money you make, nor the possessions you acquire; you are someone completely apart from those things.
- Look for something outside of work about which you can develop a passion; follow it.
- The person you marry, if you marry, becomes the most important person shaping the way you grow.
- Don’t compare yourself to other people; you can always find others who compare more favorably and less favorably, but no good will come from either comparison.
- Care. Really care. Act on it.
I can’t say I learned all I should have learned from them, but I wish I had gathered them earlier than I did.