A light breeze washes away faint sounds of
leaves brushing against the sky, spent whispers
urging, in hushed voices, gentleness and purity.
But the dead leaves on the ground and the humus
teeming with ravenous creatures bent on sating
their appetites refuse the beseeching call.
Nature has a way of tempering serenity with
abject rage and chaos with utter tranquility.
Subscribe via Email
Search on this Site
AR Writer Blogs/ Websites/Resources
- Writer Beware blog
- Considerable Opinions, Millie Gore Lancaster
- Wordcraft, Elizabeth Foster
- Southern Story Lady, Madelyn Young
- John Achor's site
- Nancy Smith Gibson's site
- It Just So Happens, Nancy Gibson Smith blog
- Six Bridges Book Festival
- White County Creative Writers
- Ozark Poets and Writers Collective
- Arkansas Review
- Ozarks Writers League
- Killer Nashville Writers' Conference