Jalapeño Potato Salad
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds new potatoes or russet potatoes, washed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of jalapeño paste*
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
To make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, sour cream, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons jalapeño paste, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon pepper, onions, and cumin. Set aside.
Boil potatoes until they are done (fork slides in with not much resistance). When sufficiently cool, cut into 1-inch cubes.
Pour dressing over cubed potatoes and let the mixture sit for 30 minutes to reach room temperature. Serve at room temperature (but it’s good from fridge, too).